Thursday, February 9, 2017

Scrap The Girls - Our beautiful little Girl started kindy today


Hello!
 A multi photo sketch is the awesome February challenge at

The sketch looks like this.

I flipped it to look like this.
The thing I love about a sketch is its a great starting point and you can interpret it to suit your own style. There are 4 spots for photos but I chose to use 2.
Here is my take

{Our Beautiful Little Girl started kindy today}

Journaling on the back reads:
 I remember this day so clearly ...both of us feeling a little anxious about it all.
 We went in and after talking to the teachers, finding places for your bag, lunch etc. you  were instantly  drawn to another little girl. As I left you were happily playing. I remember driving to the shopping  plaza with Matthew with a few tears in my eyes. We  called in to see Dad at work and shopped for awhile, whilst  all the time, I was clock watching and hoping the time would tick over  fast so I could return and pick you up. I walked in to see a big group of kids happily sitting on the floor...it was story time. You looked up and gave me the biggest smile.  I'm sure you were happy to see us as we were you. Saying goodbye to everyone, we made our way home and you talked  and talked about all the fun things you did.
You had a great day and made lots of new friends. It was the start  of new beginnings.
"Spread your wings and fly little girl."



 A close up of some of the details.
A favourite of mine is this 2Crafty Chipboard Heart, a little chippie girl and some butterflies to tell Sarah to spread her wings and fly, to sparkle and shine and  she has done just that!


Reflecting back on the day Sarah started, she was so little, look at her under the kindy sign...face screwed up because the sun was in her eyes, (I  didn't know that till I had it printed out),  again not the perfect photo but the memories are there.

Stash busting again.!

Thank you for stopping by and for leaving a comment. I really appreciate  and love  reading them.

Janice xx

16 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Oh yes that first day when you leave them at school/kindy... I think we miss them more than they miss us!!! Such a precious memory.. Love your take on the sketch making it work for your photos and story.. a really lovely layout...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that story and the heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiff Firth said...

you have been busy. great to see.

Helen Wallace said...

A delightful page, full of happy memories and one to cherish. Love the spotty paper and that gorgeous chip board heart. But most of all, I love your memories recorded about a 'right of passage' when your little one took her first steps toward independence. Lovely work.

Dolly B said...

A fab take on the challenge and such cute photos . What a lovely keepsake for your daughter. Love the hearts.
Mary x

Dolly B said...

Oh and wonderful journalling , these things get forgotten if we don't take the time to pass them on

Lizzy Hill said...

Stash busting beautifully.....GREAT journaling...enjoyed it cos it took me back! And lovely, lovely use of the sketch, too:):) You are most certainly 'back' with your scrapping, eh??!!!

Val-Belle said...

First I have to talk about the journalling :D Yes I know but it is what I love most. This brought back floods of memories of my kids going to kindy and then again with the grand babies. I think we are always the ones who feel it the most. I love that you scrapped this memory. Your girl can come back to it in years to come and read again how you felt. When she has kids of her own she will got through the exact same thing. A beautiful take on the challenge. Love this layout Janice.

Tambaramba said...

Wow....did your journaling take me back to the days I dropped my babies off for the first time. I love the emotion!! Thanks for playing along at STG!

Sandra said...

Lovely story, lovely layout, and I really like that chipboard. Thanks for joining us at STG.

tambuck said...

Love the pretty soft colours on this one Janice! Thanks for giving the STG challenge a go!

Kareen Dion said...

Beautiful interpretation of the sketch! So soft!! Thank you for joining us at Scrap the Girls!

Julie said...

Beautiful page and beautiful memories. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap the Girls :-)

Rosemary Hanson said...

Love the colors and very clever use of embellishments Janice.
Thanks for Joining us at Scrap The girls😃

Lucie Forte said...

That's a great layout! I love the fact that you turn the sketch! Thanks to playing with us at Scrap the Girls!

SkaiBlu82 said...

Love your take on the sketch! I never thought about flipping it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...