Sunday, February 5, 2017

D-lish Scraps - sweet

Hello and welcome to my blog!

Look at this amazing Mood Board, Colour Combo and Sketch.
Its the February Challenge at D-lish Scraps


 Here is what I made using both the sketch and the fresh cut colour combo.

{sweet}

Having a stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, spectacular or magnificent photo to add to your creations can make a page really  stand out.
I started scrapbooking when my children were much older so I don't always have the perfect photo,  most of my photos are just point and shoot...and hope for the best. :) 
I don't think it is important to always have that perfect photo though after all to me scrapbooking is about the memory a photo provokes.
Sarah was given this magic garden for her birthday by a friend....together we set it up and she watered it and watched  it grow with much excitement  until it had all bloomed....it took about a week I think to fully bloom,  it really was magic how it all grew. 
The photo is poor quality but I  love the  big smile on her little face and I wanted to scrap it for her.
Isn't she gorgeous though!


A close up showing some of the 2Crafty Chipboard pieces and Flowers.


More of the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces from my stash.
 Heat embossed and coloured with versa colour ink.
Using up old papers, flowers, embossing powders, and bits and pieces from my stash.
I read a post today asking the question
- Do you have more papers than you will ever use?...My answer - YES.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your beautiful comments.
I am enjoying playing along with the challenges and appreciate all the hard work that the challenge owners do to inspire us to have some fun..

Janice xx

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi! I hope you have had a great weekend! This looks wonderful! love those colors from the moodboard! and precious photo too! and i have lots of the older photos too from the day when it was more good luck then good photography!! i think it is good to scrap them too as it is the moment that we cherish too! have a great week!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

We all have photos like this Janice, yet they are special because of the moment they were taken. You've created a gorgeous page for you darling girl. I love the frame and the flowers and the citrus green - so fresh and vibrant. Lovely work.

Lizzy Hill said...

I'm with you! The photos trigger the memories; it's the memories and their associated feelings we scrap to remember the moment. The perfect photo doesn't make a jot of sense if it doesn't have any connection to us.... & in the end, I bet the pages our kids keep are not the 'perfectly scrapped or photographed' ones. It will be the ones they can point at and laugh over, or remember with joy like this one! My boys had some of these as kids & I remember being as fascinated as them! And I do looooove the design and those flowers. Great stash busting!!!!

Val-Belle said...

Well it has always been about the stories for me so if the photos are not perfect then so be it. I think that this is the sweetest photo and it works perfectly with these colours. LOVE your take on the sketch.. WIll have to check out this challenge too. I want to play as much as I can :D

Dolly B said...

Couldn't agree more with you about the memories the photo evokes being the most important thing, memories that are so special. I think that is the cutest photo, love the frame and the cluster of flowers coming down on a angle. Gorgeous layout
Mary x

Anthea said...

Love your take on this inspiration board. Thanks for sharing. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...