Friday, May 22, 2015

The 1st of my May Shares over on the 2Crafty blog.

May Design Team post for 2Crafty Chipboard

Hello Everyone!

I created this layout quite awhile ago for OUAS.
As part of our Design Team work at 2Crafty  we are allowed to share a layout that we have already shared.
So this is my 1st share for the month of May on the 2Crafty blog.

"Dear Mum"


2Crafty products used;
Leafy Shrub Set 3
 Moroccan Panel
Chunky Hearts




May is Mothers Day month.
 I created this layout about my beautiful Mum and journalled her a message.
She loves her garden so I decided to add a big bloom cluster with a Leady Swirl flourish
for her also. I coloured the Leafy Swirl with  some white embossing powder to add
 some dimension to the chippie.
 
 
I have used the chipboard as a stencil to created more layers to my page.
I  snipped  away the outside border of the  Moroccan panel  and then cut it into 3 different size pieces and tucked  each piece under the photo.
 I coloured the panel with two different shades of purple acrylic paint.


Hearts are my scrapping trade mark, almost every layout has a heart somewhere 
on the layout, either chipboard, doodled,  stencil etc.
 This big Chunky Heart fits perfectly amongst the cluster and is ideal for adding some
 journaling to. I used white paint to colour the heart, then daubed a sponge lightly 
into purple paint and daubed it over the Heart. I have used pop dots to adhere and to
 add some dimension. Also by adhering with the pop dots its easy to tuck elements
 underneath and around it.  


I will share another 1 tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Janice xx

4 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

one of my faves.... it being purple of course :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Really beautiful....love the 'bouquet' style of this page & it's such a lovely way to celebrate your mum!!!

zenevak said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Dolly B said...

What a special layout and such beautiful journalling . A treasure for sure
Mary x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...