Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Once Upon A... Sketch - Inspiration/I am inspired by

Hello Everyone!
This is the first time I have joined in and shared a layout for
I loved the sketch and theme for this month...Inspiration/I am inspired by.....

This is the sketch

I turned it  clockwise

 and here is what I created....
{Dear Mum}
This wonderful person (my Mum) is a huge inspiration to me.
I love my Mum.
She is amazing, she is inspirational. She is beautiful inside and out.
So I wrote her a little message on this layout to let her know just how much she is loved.

Dear Mum,
Over the years I have watched  the wonderful way you've made life special for our family...
the moments of love and laughter,
the traditions and memories we will carry with us throughout our lives.
But most of all I've watched the way you have shown us the
 true meaning of love in everything you do.
You are the best Mum.
I'm happy you are mine
Thank you - We love you.
xxxx

One of the things that drew me to this challenge site is that you need to add journaling to your layouts. It doesn't need to be much, and it can be hidden if you wish. Adding journaling to the front of my layouts is a rare thing. Sadly many of my layouts only have a title which tells the person reading it or looking at it very little. 
 I will be brave one day and actually hand write my journaling for a more personal touch.
I am not good at journaling, but I think  it is really important, so I can see myself joining in  with these challenges again. And I will let you in on another little secret...I love working with a sketch too....so this is the perfect challenge for me.


Thanks for  visiting today.

Janice xx

11 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

GOOD GIRL...re the journaling....& ABOUT TIME re joining in!!! LOOOOOVE it, purple & all - turning the sketch works BRILL & it's a fabulously inspiring take on our OUAS challenge this month. SO pleased you shared it!!! And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

bel said...

oh wow
i love this page, what a gorgeous note to your mum also. i cant believe you havent played along before. lol
i love the purple chipboard behind the photo but also the white in the same pattern. and that cascading cluster of flowers is gorgeous. so glad i saw this on my computer and not my phone like i normally do. the page is so much bigger i get to see all the detail.

Tiff Firth said...

ooooooohhhhhhh purple. what's not to love.
your Mum is a wonderful woman that's for sure. I do so love the flower cluster and the chippy with the white paint/ink behind it.
love it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo gorgeous! I love love love that photo, the flowers and that journaling!!!!!!

Helen Wallace said...

The sketch woks beautifully this way with the landscape photo. The colour choice is perfect with your Mother's top and I love the cascading flowers. But, for me, a journal junkie, your tender words bring the whole page to life. Beautiful, beautiful Art. Fave for me :)

Lizzyc said...

This is so beautiful in so many ways, love the photo, love the purple shades, love all the flowers and love the beautiful tribute to your mum! Really lovely take on this challenge!

Di Garling said...

Really beautiful Janice & so heartfelt too. Very inspirational.

Mum said...

Oh!!! Love this Janice. Made me a bit teary. Love you too! You have matched the cardy so well. xx

Denise van Deventer said...

This is soooooo beautiful Janice! I love the design and I love the purple colouring....so amazing! The journalling is a treat too and makes for a very special page! ;-)

Val-Belle said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mum and I love the colours. My grandmothers fave colours and you rocked them Love the handwritten journalling too. A very special and beautiful layout.

Wilma Voermans said...

A beautiful layout, love the purple and the design! Sweet how you write about your mother!! Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...